Thursday, April 07, 2005

The meekness and tender love of Christ

"If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" Philippians 2
I just wanted to remind myself, and you, that this is Paul speaking, here, about having the mind of Christ ! (Paul, the previous murderer). How could this killer at heart come upon the mind of Jesus Christ: how did he achieve this ? How do we also achieve this ?
  • - We must be intimate and in prayer with our Lord
  • - Lay aside our reputation (as Paul did) (as Jesus did) and become of no reputation
  • - Exchanging our will for the Lord's, having no agenda of our own but to serve others
  • - Determination to live and be like Christ
  • - To win Christ, that I may know Him, that He may have me and live His life through me
  • - To gain the riches and depth of Christ, having a mindset of Christ of this life of surrender that comes as we empty ourselves so we can be filled with the Holy Spirit.

The mind of Christ is something we gain not through the methods of man. Paul got this revelation of the mind of Christ, and to lay down his reputation, and become a servant to others, through his relationship, his surrender, not even from some other man telling him what to do.

This type of relationship cuts through us because though we may desire the mind of Christ, are we willing to die daily as Paul said? When Paul spoke these words in Phillipi about the mind of Christ, a few verses later Paul also said:

"But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state. For I have no man like minded, who will naturally care for your state. For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's."

(verses 19-21)

Imagine Paul, a man in a world gone crazy, all seeking their own. Does this sound like today at all? Sure it does, the world is just watching now as horror and terror is coming upon this world.

Let us have the testimony of the mind of Christ in this time of upheaval, this time of self-seeking and self-serving multitudes.

Note in verse 7 - Jesus MADE himself a servant.

Let us have the same mind, the mind of Christ, and rest in the perfect peace of our God.

"Thou wilt keep in perfect peace Him whose mind is stayed on thee, because He trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

Dear Jesus : I do not want to live for myself. I want to know you more. Forgive me for serving myself. I want to be a servant to you and others. Cleanse me and cast my sins behind me. Forgive me Lord. Holy Spirit come and show Christ to me. Open our hearts to see you and understand you, put a desire in my heart to grow into the image, the MIND OF CHRIST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home