Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Run to Jesus, don't delay!

And it came to pass that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light around about me. And I fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?" And I answered, "Who art thou, Lord? " And He said unto me, "I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest."
Acts 22:6-8
I do not believe that Paul realized that he had been persecuting Jesus as he literally bound in chains and delivered many Christians to death. This supernatural experience was one whereby though he was struck with physical blindness, God in His mercy opened his spiritual eyes so that he was able to come to know incredible grace and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
The first words that Paul spoke after Jesus revealed himself to Him were: "What shall I do Lord?" It was at this point perhaps that Paul realized that there was nothing reliable from his zealous works of the past that would profit him any longer. How could he defend himself? He knew he couldn't, what could he say ? It was true ! He had persecuted and killed many of the Lord's servants. Jesus words had cut through his exterior goodness and proud religious deception, to bring fully to the light that it was JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD that He was persecuting. There was nothing he could do. He was guilty of sin against the
Son of God.
Oh let us give praise to the Lord on High today ! Do you realize he has roused us out of the filth of our sins ? Do you ~ ?? How great the Lord is , How great is the Holy One who has had mercy upon us. I may not have physically killed Christians, but before I knew of His grace, I mocked and ridiculed many. I threw stones of insult one upon the other.

So I am struck this morning that the Lord has forgiven me for my sins. For I was lost and without hope, as a dead man, ... all I could choose was sin... Perhaps I was not physically blind, but I certainly was blind to knowing Christ and knowing that it was He that I was persecuting as I hurled stone upon stone against "born again Christians."

Let us take time to sit before the Lord and praise the Lord, and thank Him today,
for upon us, who once never understood mercy, now we have received mercy and His forgiveness.
"What shall I do, Lord" ??
Let us get on with our Lord and journey onward into the riches of this great salvation and the amazing nature of our Holy God. Let us be in awe O Lord that you have forgiven us !! Let us explore the miracle of our salvation !!
There is no other who can forgive sin except my Jesus Christ.
Wash, cleanse me Lord from all my sin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home